I recently ran into some issues where Observium CE (version 0.16.10.8128) was not updating the geolocation of devices correctly and this was making the maps on the landing page look bad by show devices in the middle of the ocean.
Here’s how I fixed it.
I’ve taken a look at a couple of the Gamdias keyboard options out there and I have a new one to throw in the mix, the Gamdias Hermes RGB keyboard.
The Hermes RGB keyboard is a step up from the last Gamdias keyboard I reviewed, the Hermes 7-Color keyboard, and it really takes care of the primary thing I took issue with on it. The fact that it wasn’t able to be configured by the Gamdias Hera software (more information on that to follow)…
I’ve had been eyeing the Arc’teryx Beta LT Hybrid jacket for quite a while. I had been looking for a good “all around” rain/snow shell for some up and coming trips and just general use in normal activities and hiking, etc. And then it happened, I found it on sale for a price I couldn’t pass up, so I ordered one.
Gamdias sent me their Hermes 7-color mechanical keyboard to take a look at. I’ve been using one of the “lite” versions of the Hermes keyboards for quite a while now as part of the Gamdias Mechanical Gaming Combo that they sent out to me. As a daily driver, the Hermes Lite Keyboard has been a nice keyboard and the Hermes 7-color keyboard is no exception to that…
I’ve been in need of a “real” toolkit for a while now, something with all the specialized screwdrivers and odds and ends needed to take apart most modern computers, phones, and other assorted gizmos. When I stumbled on the new for 2016 iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit, it looked like a good option, and I’ve heard a lot of good things about them, so I decided to pull the trigger on ordering one.
I’ve been happily using an EdgeRouter Lite (one of the first gen models) for just a touch over 3 years now. Everything worked amazingly well… Until one morning I woke up and my internet was down.
Everything looked normal, lights blinking, no warning lights, etc. After ruling out that my ISP was having issues, I decided to try and connect up my EdgeRouter via a browser. When I did this, I immediately knew there was an issue, I got a server 500 error. Not a DNS error, or some other HTTP error. So I power cycled the router, and same thing.
After digging out a console cable, I connected to the EdgeRouter and there is was… a
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,2) error.
If you use Ubiquiti’s UniFi line of products, they recently released version 5 of their UniFi management software (current version at time of writing is 5.0.6).
This new software adds in a slew of new features, You can get the full list here. Some of the key items are an updated UI that is also “mobile friendly”, a new more advanced and better looking AngularJS based HotSpot portal and editor, and updated UniFi AP firmware.
If you’re using Exchange Online for hosting your e-mail, and using a custom domain, you should probably check and see if you have DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) configured.
DKIM is a configuration that allows a receiving domain to verify that an e-mail was sent from an authorized user and domain and was not modified in transit.
By default Office 365 / Exchange Online enables DKIM for self hosted domains (things like domain.onmicrosoft.com), but that doesn’t transition over to your primary or vanity domains… so for example, my domain, santsys.com did not have DKIM enabled, but my registration domain, santsys.onmicrosoft.com was enabled.